Righting Relations Gathering
Application deadline: October 20, 2017
Thank you for your interest in applying to our Righting Relations Ottawa Gathering taking place on November 7, 2017. This gathering is organized by City for All Women Initiative (CAWI), in association with Righting Relations National Network, with funds from Catherine Donnelly Foundation, CUPE National, and Community Foundation of Ottawa.
Contributing organizations: Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition, Somali Women’s Circle Network, Regroupement Affaires Femmes, Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre, National Council of Canadian Muslims.
Nature of the Gathering:
We will gather in plenary, in table discussions and workshops to explore approaches to facilitation that promote equity addressing colonialism, racism and Islamophobia. We will be invited to consider our own strengths and areas to grow in this work, and explore how to we can continue to support each other in facilitation for inclusion.
Criteria for Participation:
This gathering is for women facilitators committed to advancing equity and addressing hate in social change education.
- We seek to engage a mix of women who have experience working at the grassroots level, or with institutions, agencies or unions to create positive change.
- We welcome youth, Indigenous, Muslim, racialized, immigrant and ally women committed to equity work through facilitation
- We are looking for women who are committed to sharing on-going learning and tools through a community of practice.
You will find the application questionnaire below. Please make sure to provide us with all the relevant details, as that will allow us to make the workshop as accessible and the group as diverse as possible.
- Event will be in English, but table discussions and handouts will be made available in French
- Free event, however if you can access professional training dollars of up to $100, you can help to cover the cost of the event.
- Childcare and transportation costs covered for those not participating as paid employees.
Space is limited to 50 participants, and we want to ensure a diversity of participants and experiences, so please apply, and we will confirm with you about your participation by October 23rd.