Righting Relations Ottawa Gathering:
For women facilitators advancing equity
November 7, 2017, 9:00-4:30
Apply by October 20
Are you a facilitator striving to promote equity and address hate in your community or organization?
Do you wish to share and learn ways of addressing colonialism, racism and Islamophobia in your facilitation?
Would you like to be part of a community of facilitators sharing with each other?
What We Will Do
- Raise our awareness about colonialism, Islamophobia and anti-Black racism.
- Share tools, experiences and skills for addressing colonialism, Islamophobia and racism.
- Build a women-led community of practice of social-change facilitators committed to equity, as part of the national network Righting Relations.
Space is limited and we want to ensure a mix of participants so apply and we will confirm with you by Oct 23.
Women Encouraged to Apply
- Women with experience in facilitation committed to equity, among them:
- Youth, Indigenous, Muslim, racialized, and allies.
- Women from agencies, unions or the grassroots.
- Committed to on-going sharing in a community of practice.
- Apply here on CAWI web-site before October 20, space is limited.
- Free event, however if you can access professional training dollars, it will help us to offset costs.
- Childcare and transportation reimbursement available for those not participating as paid employees.
- Event will be in English, but table discussions and handouts will be available in French.
To know more about Righting Relations Ottawa, click here. For more information, contact Manvitha Singamsetty - email@example.com
Sponsoring organization: City for All Women Initiative
Contributing organizations: Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition, Somali Women’s Circle Network, Regroupement Affaires Femmes, Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre, National Council of Canadian Muslims.
Funders: Catherine Donnelly Foundation, Ottawa Community Foundation, CUPE
Resources (en anglais seulement)