Addressing Gender Based Violence in Provincial and Municipal Election
Because Wilno, with support from the City for All Women Initiative, presents a panel with the subject of gender-based violence (GBV).
Participants will discuss GBV and what concrete actions members of the public can take to highlight this issue in the lead-up to the Ontario provincial election (June 7, 2018) and the Ottawa municipal election (October 22, 2018).
When: Feb 12, 7:00-8:30 pm (doors open 6:45 pm)
Where: Festival Room, 1st Floor City Hall (Laurier entrance, Ottawa)
This event is *FREE*, however we are asking those who are able to make a small donation when registering their ticket below. All funds raised will go to Chrysalis House, a 25-bed shelter for women and their families fleeing violence.
- Vicky Smallman (Canadian Labour Congress)
- Heidi Illingworth (Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime),
- TBC (City for All Women Initiative)
- Michelle Lemieux (Eastern Ontario Resource Centre),
- Erin Gee (Bad and Bitchy Podcast),
- Nisse Bourne (Ottawa Victims Services)
Light refreshments will be provided.
Reimbursement of bus tickets and childcare expenses are available for those who need it in order to participate.
We acknowledge that this event takes place on unceded Algonquin Territory.